Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TNT International Express & Craigslist & Wolverhampton FRAUD
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 pm 

I also was almost scamedThanks to you all i see was to good be true
By way i live near Cleveland ,Oh heres what i got .same thing crigslist on tv
The Samsung Led TV is still available, but I'm currently in Torino, Italy. Because of the financial crisis, I lost my job in United States and I had to come back to my family.
I don't need the TV anymore so I tried to sell it locally, but with no luck. I was offered silly money for the TV because of issues like - it is a US version or the warranty doesn't work here. That's why I'm trying my luck in the US.
I hope you are still interested. The TV was bought brand new from Samsung 10 weeks ago. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
About the TV I can say it is 10 weeks old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $350 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
The TV is here with me in Italy.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Diane Halley
Gee same gal lol same tnt company this was today 11/4/2010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 pm 

On this topic: Here's whats going on right now. Thanks for this web site, I almost got scammed. Here's the conservation I'm in right now:

Hi, this is Lauren and I am getting back to you regarding the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro from Craigslist.

I am now in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
I am selling the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro, with 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 Gb memory, 500 Gb HD for $500 USD.
I hope you are still interested in buying it.
This Macbook Pro was ordered brand new directly from Apple on November 28th, 2009.
About the laptop I can say it is 11 Months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $500 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The laptop still has Applecare warranty until November 28th, 2010. The Applecare warranty is fully transferable to the new owner. You can also purchase 2 more years of Applecare warranty.
I tried to be a thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the laptop mostly for internet browsing and presentations, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
The laptop has the Leopard 10.6 OS, the iLife 09 and the MS Office 2008 with the original recovery disks included.
One more thing, the laptop is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

I will send an email shortly with the complete specs and some photos so you can see the condition.

Get back to me and let me know if you like the laptop and you wish to buy it.

Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the laptop within 3-4 days.
I was looking for a safe way to complete this sale and I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the laptop in less than 3 days.
The solution is provided by the worldwide shipping company TNT.
They have a service which will provide us with a safe way to handle the payment and delivery of the laptop.
With this procedure you will have the chance to test the laptop before I receive my payment, and the TNT procedure will ensure my safety as well in receiving the payment. And since TNT will also take care of the delivery this will go very smooth and fast.
The procedure is explained on the TNT website. I saved the exact link so please click on the link below to the TNT website where the procedure is explained.
http://www.tnt.com.nextdayservice.info/ ... tails.html
Let me know

THIS IS ON CRAIGSLIST RIGHT NOW.

BE CAREFUL!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:08 pm 

Thank you so much for this site. I almost got scammed from a current Craigslist add for an Iphone 4G. Here are some of the emails from "Arianna":

Quote:
Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the iPhone 4 with 32GB from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Torino, Italy.
I am selling the iPhone for $360 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The iPhone is still available and I hope you are still interested. I bought the iPhone brand new one week ago. The phone is locked with AT&T.
About the iPhone I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few days. Included in the $360 price is everything that came with the iPhone when I bought it new.
The iPhone is here with me.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the iPhone if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer
http://www.niinivirta.it
Hi,
Well, I found a way to sell you the iphone that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the iphone before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://eutpg.com/tnt.express.torino.dep ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

Thanks.

Arianna Bowring
Chief Logistic Officer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:31 pm 

Hi,
I responded to a Craigslist ad for an iPad as well. I knew it was too good to be true and I received the same email as above. When I did a search on the senders name "Arianna Bowring" I came upon this website. It's good that we can expose these scammers!

Here's the email I received from her...

"Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from Craigslist

I am selling the ipad for $450 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.
About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $450 price is everything that came with the ipad.
The ipad is here with me.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:46 am 

I want to thank you for this post. Because of this post, I was saved from being scammed by this Arianna Bowring of Torino, Italy. I think buyers must beware of any ads on Craiglist these days. At one time, I was comfortable & pleased with transactions on Craigslist but, these days, there seem to be too many ads trying to defraud you.

I responded to a post on Craigslist, yesterday, Monday, Nov. 8 for a TV. My husband was very excited that there was a Television within our price range $370 but, I was a little weary because the price seemed much too low for TV - only 4 months old - 46" Sony LCD. Something didn't seem right but, I went ahead to inquire from the seller. Below is the response I received from the seller. I told my husband the seller responded but, I still had my reservations and decided to google her name to see if something came up. And, this post did. Thank you again for sharing this.

"Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p full HDTV from Craigslist

I am selling the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p, full HDTV, 120 Mhz for $370 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the TV.

The TV is still available and I hope you are still interested.This TV was ordered brand new 4 months ago.
About the TV I can say it is 4 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $370 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The TV still has warranty for the next 20 months. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
The TV is here with me in Italy.[/color]
I have used the TV mostly for the news and movies, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
One more thing, the TV is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to
use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna"

Chief Logistic Officer
http://www.niinivirta.it[/color]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:17 am 

Wish i would of found this site sooner i have also just been hit by that arianna women on craigs list when i found this site i went to try to cancel the money transfer but i was too late. Guess i'll have to be more careful if i ever decide to buy anything off the web again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:29 pm 

Adrianna has moved to Torino, Italy and she's wants again advertising on Craigs List in Boston, MA. Here's part of the dialogue.

Arianna,

I checked out TNT and this appears to be a very good idea. You know I would also like to purchase that Sony LED Television and the iPhone 4 that you also have for sale. On second thought perhaps you might consider including them for that purchase price of $400.00. Yes, I understand that kind of deal would be too good to be true. Just like your scam of selling a 899.00 iPad for 400.00. By the way my gypsy friend has put a curse on you, and you will have a very unhealthy year!
----- Original Message -----
To: mvrapoport@verizon.net
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 3:06 PM
Subject: RE: the 64GB WIFI + 3G iPad from Craigslist $400

Hi Michael,

It was bought in the US.
The ipad comes with 11 months of standard factory warranty. You can still purchase another 3 years of apple care for it.
Well, I found a way to sell you the ipad that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the ipad before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://www.itshipping-tnt.com/tnt.expre ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

Thanks.

Arianna Stallman
Chief Logistic Officer

> From: mvrapoport@verizon.net
> To: arianna_stallman@live.com
> Subject: Re: the 64GB WIFI + 3G iPad from Craigslist $400
> Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 22:30:24 -0500
>
> Hello Arianna,
>
> Yes, I am very interested in purchasing the iPad. I have a few questions
> for you. Did you purchase this unit in the United States or Italy? If I
> purchase the unit from you is it still under warrantee with Apple? How much
> is the shipping to the U.S. and who is responsible for paying it? Payment,
> how would you like to be paid for the iPad and what guarantee do I have that
> I will actually receive it?
>
> Regards,
> Michael Rapoport
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Arianna Stallman" <arianna_stallman@live.com>
> To: "Michael Rapoport" <mvrapoport@verizon.net>
> Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:04 PM
> Subject: the 64GB WIFI + 3G iPad from Craigslist $400
>
>
> > Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from Craigslist
> >
> > My name is Arianna and I am now in Torino, Italy.
> > I am selling the ipad for $400 USD. I have attached some pics with it to
> > this email.
> > The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad
> > was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.
> > About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a
> > few weeks. Included in the $400 price is everything that came with the
> > ipad.
> > The ipad is here with me.
> > I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have
> > all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
> >
> > Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're
> > really interested in buying it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Arianna
> >
> > Chief Logistic Officer
> > http://www.niinivirta.it
> >
>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:37 am 

These scam artists are some of the lowest forms of life. Karma's gonna get ya. This is the email from Arianna Stallman <stallman-arianna@hotmail.com>

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from Craigslist

I am selling the ipad for $400 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.
About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $400 price is everything that came with the ipad.
The ipad is here with me.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:32 am 

I knew this was too good to be true... When I was told she randomly ended up in the UK, after putting something up in craigslist 2 days ago in Toronto.... *sigh* Anyway, here's what I was sent:

Hi, this is Lauren and I am getting back to you regarding the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro from Craigslist.

I am now in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
I am selling the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro, with 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 Gb memory, 500 Gb HD for $500 USD.
I hope you are still interested in buying it.
This Macbook Pro was ordered brand new directly from Apple on December 27th, 2009.
About the laptop I can say it is 11 Months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $500 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The laptop still has Applecare warranty until December 27th, 2010. The Applecare warranty is fully transferable to the new owner. You can also purchase 2 more years of Applecare warranty.
I tried to be a thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the laptop mostly for internet browsing and presentations, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
The laptop has the Leopard 10.6 OS, the iLife 09 and the MS Office 2008 with the original recovery disks included.
One more thing, the laptop is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

I will send an email shortly with the complete specs and some photos so you can see the condition.

Get back to me and let me know if you like the laptop and you wish to buy it.

Thanks,

----------------------------------------------------

This is Lauren again from Birmingham, United Kingdom regarding the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro. Did you receive my earlier email?
I just wanted to make sure you have all the specs for the laptop, the Apple 15.4" Unibody MacBook Pro Laptop for $500.
The complete specs are below 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4.0 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM Memory, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Processors with 512MB of GDDR3 Memory, 500GB SATA 5400 RPM Hard Drive, iSight camera. Also included is the Lithium-Polymer Battery and also the Apple Remote and Case.
Let me know if you like it.

------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure if the pics went through so I sending them again. I hope you receive them this time. Let me know if you like the laptop and you want it.

Buyer's beware!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 pm 

Arianna has made her appearance in California (Bay Area) Craigslist ads. The subject contacted me out of no where, was beginning to fall for it for a bit until I saw the $600 price tag on this i3 iMac. Obvious scam right out of the box.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 21.5-inch iMac from Craigslist

I am selling the iMac for $600 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The iMac is still available and I hope you are still interested. The iMac was bought brand new from Apple a couple of months ago.
About the iMac I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $600 price is everything that came with the iMac.
The iMac is here with me.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the iMac if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer

------------------------------------------------

Hi,

The imac is with me.
It doesn't have scratches or dings.
Well, I found a way to sell you the imac that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the imac before I receive my payment.

http://www.shipping-tpg.com/tnt.express ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee and I can use 2 day delivery if you are in a hurry.

Thanks.

Arianna Nielsen
Chief Logistic Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:18 pm 

Hi all,

I found this site via Google when investigating the email I received. Seemed fishy and I figured it was a scam, but was surprised to actually get results on the search terms!

Here is the Craigslist ad:
http://spokane.craigslist.org/ele/2076237864.html

Has been up for a month.

Here was the email I got:

Quote:
Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 21.5-inch iMac from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
I am selling the iMac for $600 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The iMac is still available and I hope you are still interested. The iMac was bought brand new from Apple a couple of months ago.
About the iMac I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $600 price is everything that came with the iMac.
The iMac is here with me.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the iMac if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer
http://www.bluechipremovals.co.uk

Attached was five pictures of the iMac.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:59 pm 

Thanks Everyone for the posts about TNT!

I had recently found an Apple Compurter on Atlanta Craigslist too. Sounded too good to be true! I will copy and paste the email "Anna Halley" sent. Notice that her last name is HALLEY!!!! I saw where the posting showed another person with the name of Laura Halley. Wow...not too smart! I almost went with this..but I was skeptical. The need to want to save money, draws you in to these scammers. Thank God for the internet and sites like this where you can research! She sounds so convincing and "normal". I am not going to go with it. Here is the email she sent. Maybe someone else out there will find this site and not purchase from a scammer. Happy I didn't buy it!

Hi Cindy,

The laptop is in perfect condition look and work like new. I found a way to sell the laptop that will be safe for both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the laptop before I receive my payment.

http://shiptnt-solutions.eu.com/express ... tions.html

I will pay the TNT shipping fee for 2 days delivery.
If you agree to their terms please send me your name and address and I will start the delivery procedure.

Thanks,
Anna

> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:25:25 -0500
> Subject: Re: Apple MacBook Air 13.3 - $340

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:13 pm 

Sorry...I wanted to add the other email I posted recently about the Apple computer. Here is the other email I was sent from Anna Halley. Notice some of the exact same sentences in my email as the other guy who was thinking about buying an Apple computer. Makes me sick to think of all of the people that got taken!

Hi,

The MacBook Air is still available, but I'm currently in London, United Kingdom. Because of the financial crisis, I lost my job in United States and I had to move at my sister in London ( here I found a good job ) .
I don't need the laptop anymore so I tried to sell the laptop locally, but with no luck. I was offered silly money for the laptop because of issues like - it is a US version or the warranty doesn't work here or that it has a US keyboard format. That's why I'm trying my luck in the US.
I hope you are still interested. The laptop was bought brand new from Apple a 6 months ago. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
About the laptop I can say it is 6 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $340 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
The laptop is here with me in UK.
Please get back to me and let me know if you like the laptop if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Anna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:33 pm 

it is a scam, rip off for real. Don't mess with this people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Would any of you be interested in this?

On the show What Would You Do, http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/ they set up scenarios that are supposed to make you stop and think, and then they let the hidden camera roll to catch on tape what people really do in these situations.

Now, you might ask what this show has to do with this scam site. It turns out that they are looking to do a segment where one of the scenarios will be a person that is entering into a situation that is clearly a scam. Will people warn them or just let them go on believing that this is all real?

They would also like to partner this with an interview with real life scam victims who would be willing to share their story.

If you are a scam victim who is willing to share your story please contact me.
They would prefer someone in the New York Tri-State Area, since that is where their production studios are located.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch