ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: I am going to UK to get our money back send me addresses
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:28 pm 

I just got scammed as well from the TNT bullshiza.

here is the email i recieved it was the same as these on here you guys got scammed with.

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England, Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
The laptop is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the DellCare are US registered.
I can't use the laptop here in UK because it works on 110 V. I didn't know about this problem when I moved here and another reason why I am selling the laptop is because I have just received a new laptop as a birthday gift here in UK, so I do not think I will be using my old laptop any more. I don't have use for 2 laptops.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the laptop. I bought the laptop 2 months ago and it still has 10 months of Dell transferable warranty remaining.
I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 days delivery (on my expense).

Let me know what you think.

Best Wishes,
Michelle

So I am going to Wolverhampton in January of 2008 and if you all will provide my emial address with the addresses you sent the western union payment to. I will go to those addresses and check into them and tell me how much money you got scammed and I will recover it for you and send it back to you via paypal. My e-mail address is wickedfrow@cfl.rr.com. Please send me the addresses where you sent the western union money in minutes to. The James Bradford guy who scammed me of $700 was located at 214 Bowery Street Wolverhampton United Kingdom S22 1TF.

Post subject: TNT Scam - thanks for your post
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:40 pm 

I was looking into a laptop on Craigslist being sold by "Michelle" in the U.K. when I came across your post. The details were virtually identical to the TV scam, but I'd never heard of TNT before so I checked it out and my Google search found your post. I'm very grateful to you and registered with scamvictims to thank you.
If you'll send me your bank account and PIN numbers I'd like to send you some cash to say thanks. . . :lol: Just kidding.
Seriously, thanks very much, Take care. -Dave

Post subject: Same deal...Craigslist, South NJ
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:01 pm 

This camera was offered for a ridiculously low price...

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pho/501684354.html

So I replied to the ad & gave a gmail addy. They just responded to my email with the exact same form letter that has been shown in this thread. I googled the email addy used to send me the reply & guess what site topped the list... ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Je ... gle+Search

:roll:

I knew this was a scam but thanks for making it ironclad... :twisted:

There are two more on there that are prolly the same deal...

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pho/502589240.html

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pho/501782499.html

Post subject: Craig's List scam (using TNT Delivery for a laptop)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:47 pm 

Thank you for all the postings about scams involving the name of TNT Delivery!! I ALMOST got taken today. Here's the story!
I saw a listing for a laptop on Craig's list for the Milwaukee, WI, area. I also decided to check Madison, WI, Craig's list for laptops too. I saw the same listing on both. After contacting the writer of the listing, I began dialogue with her via email. During the dialogue, she mentioned that she now resides in England, can't use the voltage there, and needs to sell the laptop. I was instructed to use a third party, TNT Delivery, to ensure safe transfer of the laptop and the money. She gave me all the links and waited for me to give her my address so she could start the process. I got that feeling...that feeling that says "check it out further." I asked her where she used to live around Milwaukee/Madison, and she ignored the question. I decided to google her name; it looked legit as 3 listings with her name came up in the Milwaukee area. Then I decided to google "TNT Delivery" and clicked on the United States link, instead of the UK link she sent me. All looked good (same home page look). Then I saw on the google search that there was a link to "scams involving TNT Delivery" and I clicked on it. That thread was full of info warning me that there were scams going on using TNT Delivery as a bait. THANK GOD I listened to that gut feeling and checked it out. I truly was ready to send my address to her so that I could start the shipping and payment process for the phony laptop sale!
So, here is what the email looked like, and the links to the TNT Delivery:

This is from: Michelle Scott (michelle_s@live.com), the proposed seller of the laptop:
Hi there, Sorry for my late reply but I was out of town for holidays. I'm currently in England, Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
The laptop is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the DellCare are US registered.
I can't use the laptop here in UK because it works on 110 V. I didn't know about this problem when I moved here and another reason why I am selling the laptop is because I have just received a new laptop as a birthday gift here in UK, so I do not think I will be using my old laptop any more. I don't have use for 2 laptops.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the laptop. I bought the laptop 12 months ago and it still has 12 months of Dell transferable warranty remaining ( you can extand the warranty for one year on your name ).
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (on my expense).

Best Wishes,
Michelle

That's the end of the first email contact responding to my request for more information on the listing for the laptop.

BEWARE of scammers and BE THANKFUL for threads like these!!! You just saved me $675 and maybe more!!! I hope this helps someone else!!

Want to race through your inbox even faster? Try the full version of Windows Live Hotmail. (It's free, too.)

Post subject: Craigslist scam
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:52 pm 

Same scam - nearly had me. I found this thread trying to see where I could find some place to stop this, thank you for starting this.

Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply but I was out of town for holidays. I'm currently in England, Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the laptop. I bought the laptop 12 months ago and it still has 12 months of Dell transferable warranty remaining ( you can extand the warranty for one year on your name ).

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (on my expense).

Best Wishes,
Michelle

Post subject: Foudn the same in Portland, OR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:26 pm 

Hey,

Thank you SO MUCH for your posting on the TNT scam - I could have been taken, but fortunately was not. Here's what came through to me, nearly identical:

"Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England, Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the laptop. I bought the laptop 11 months ago and it still has 13 months of Dell transferable warranty remaining ( you can extand the warranty for one year on your name ).

Best Wishes,
Michelle"

--and after that link didn't work, a response to my query:

"Hello

I am so sorry, I sent you a wrong link. Here is the right link:

http://ukshiptnt.com/details.html

Please read their procedure and get back to me. If you agree to their terms please send me your name and address and I will start the delivery procedure.

Best Wishes
Michelle"

Just awful. I empathize for anyone who was taken in, thank you for helping me not to make this mistake.

- EB

Post subject: This person almost got me
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:03 am 

Hey guys I was on Craigslist looking for a laptop and saw this ad http://orlando.craigslist.org/sys/541448530.html . I got this email thanks guys for you post :
Hi there,

The laptop is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the SonyCare are US registered.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the laptop. I bought the laptop 11 months ago and it still has 13 months of Sony transferable warranty remaining ( you can extand the warranty for one year on your name ).

Best Wishes,
Alisa

here is th email she used :AlisaScott [alisascott333@hotmail.com]

Post subject: Re: This person almost got me
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 pm 
Gold Member

floridaplayer wrote:
Hey guys I was on Craigslist looking for a laptop and saw this ad http://orlando.craigslist.org/sys/541448530.html . I got this email thanks guys for you post :
Hi there,

The laptop is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the SonyCare are US registered.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the laptop. I bought the laptop 11 months ago and it still has 13 months of Sony transferable warranty remaining ( you can extand the warranty for one year on your name ).

Best Wishes,
Alisa

here is th email she used :AlisaScott [alisascott333@hotmail.com]

What I have never quite understood with this is why people don't question the seller about getting a power converter to convert the power from US power source/voltage into the European voltage. I travelled internationally and took electronics with me and used a power converter and it worked fine. I just thought of this since all these scams starting with selling a laptop due to it not working on the UK's power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 pm 

Quote:
What I have never quite understood with this is why people don't question the seller about getting a power converter to convert the power from US power source/voltage into the European voltage. I travelled internationally and took electronics with me and used a power converter and it worked fine. I just thought of this since all these scams starting with selling a laptop due to it not working on the UK's power.

I too have questioned this very same thing. Maybe the scammer is hoping that the victim has never traveled and therefore hasn't a clue about "power converters". They'll send out hundreds of emails hoping to catch a few of the clueless ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:56 am 
Gold Member

ximora wrote:
Quote:

I too have questioned this very same thing. Maybe the scammer is hoping that the victim has never traveled and therefore hasn't a clue about "power converters". They'll send out hundreds of emails hoping to catch a few of the clueless ones.

That is true. I am also guessing that the people who get sucked in are under the "ether" of getting such a great deal that they don't catch the red flags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:04 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

The scammers usually have an excuse for everything . . . if you say why don't you just get a converter, they will say that their company has already issued them a laptop that works for UK connections so they don't need the other one and that is the reason they are selling it.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:53 pm 
Gold Member

admin wrote:
The scammers usually have an excuse for everything . . . if you say why don't you just get a converter, they will say that their company has already issued them a laptop that works for UK connections so they don't need the other one and that is the reason they are selling it.

Good point. Their web of lies just continues to grow just to catch the next victim. Just think how great this world would be if crooks used their intelligence for good rather than evil.

Post subject: computer scam relisted on craigslist.com (Milwaukee, WI)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:32 pm 

Once again I found a scam listed as a posting on Craigslist.com It is in the Milwaukee, WI, listings (under computers) listing #546719689 posted on Monday, 01-21-08. I sent an inquiry to the person posting this ad and received the infamous email response asking me to use a third party (TNT Delivery) to receive my money, and assuring me I would have time to "inspect" the computer before funds were released to the seller. BOGUS! Here is a copy of the scammer's email as I received it.

[i]Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop is a US model, it is 3 months old and it comes with 9 months of warranty.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).

Best,
Susan Beckman[/i]

Does anyone know to whom I can turn in this repeat offender? I've been monitoring my local craigs list just to see if I could catch the same person again, and I did! They're back at it again! They need to be STOPPED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:04 am 
Gold Member

Honestly there is nothing you can really do about stopping them. You can report them to craigs list and they may remove this person's account, but then they will start a new one and keep going after victims.

Post subject: TNT Laptop Craigslist Scam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:47 am 

Thanks for posting on this! You've all saved me from some serious aggravation, I'm sure.

I was shoppping for a laptop...the ad on Craigslist is one that sounded too good to be true so I emailed for details on the item to see what the story was. The response I received sounded weird to me - it assumed I wanted to purchase and completely ignored my questions?! It sounded bot-ish to me...which made me suspicious.
I started to Google the delivery service in my Google Toolbar and as I continued to type "TNT Delivery..." the autofill displayed options for "TNT Delivery Service, TNT Delivery Tracking, and TNT Delivery Scam". I selected the scam which brought me to this page...

Below is the sequence so you can see the ad and how the flow of communication occured. It's a new email address and slightly different proposal but very similar to what else is already posted here. Thx again for this site and everyone's reports!

_____

Quote:
Sender: Aron Pozolici <pozolici@yahoo.com>
Subject: Brand New IBM LENOVO THINKPAD X61 TABLE - $700
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:10:01 -0800 (PST)
To: XXX(me)XXX

Hi,
First of all I want to apologize for this late reply but I was not able to reach to a computer because I had some problems that I had to take care of.
I'm located in the United Kingdom. We could use a third party to work between us for safety. I have found a way complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the unit in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is very similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the unit, that will allow you to pay for the unit only after you will receive it and through this way you will see it and test it before I receive the money. Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the unit right away.
If you are interested please let me know.
Thanks

_____

Quote:
Sender: XXX(me)XXX
Subject: Fwd: Brand New IBM LENOVO THINKPAD X61 TABLE - $700
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:25:22 -0500
To: sale-535436220@craigslist.org

Hi,
Saw your pc ad in craigslist. Is it new/used/damaged? What's the best way to contact you?
Thx

Brand New IBM LENOVO THINKPAD X61 TABLE
    Reply to: sale-535436220@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-01-11, 4:46AM

BRAND NEW MODEL, INTEL SANTA ROSA PLATFORM, FRESH STOCK!
    INTEL CORE 2 DUO L7500 LV 1.60GHz Processor w/4Mb Cache
    12.1" SuperView SXGA+ TFT LCD (1400 x 1050 resolution)
    4Gb DDR2 SDRAM @667MHz
    1Gb Intel Turbo Flash Memory
    160Gb 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Dual Band, 802.11a/b/g/draft-n
    Integrated Bluetooth Wireless (2.0+EDR)
    Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
    FACTORY SEALED BOX, MANUFACTURED BY LENOVO ON NOV-01-2007
    LENOVO 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY, VALID UNTIL DEC-28-2008

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://fortlauderdale.craigslist.org/sys/535436220.html
    -------------------------------------------------
    this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
    email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next