ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Excellent Reply- Few things things throw the scammers off...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:08 am 

like offering local relative or friend pick up. They will often come back with a stammering reply that the "item" is secure at the 'TNT or MONEYBOOKERS, OR 'FAKE ESCROW SERVICE FACILITY". At that point, its probably a good idea to drop the hammer on the scammer, or if your game, to obtain the 'payment instructions, so you can possibly shut down the scammer from being able to receive the inevitable wire transfer, but contacting Western Union or Moneygram security. :wink:

Post subject: Latest on the TNT SCAM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:49 pm 

The Latest Bait TV is a Sony KDL-40V2500, always claiming to be one month old- Ohio CL seems to be ground zero.

The"transferred to Wolverton England sales administrator" version of the scam letter is being used, the fake TNT escrow sites change as often as some women change shoes. The emails come from everyone.net (priorityabusedesk@everyone.net is where you need to report them too)

Jenny Aleman <jennyaleman54@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England, Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
The TV is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the PanasonicCare are US registered.
I can't use the TV here in UK because it works on 110 V. I didn't know about this problem when I moved here and another reason why I am selling the TV is because I have just received a new TV as a birthday gift here in UK, so I do not think I will be using my old TV any more. I don't have use for 2 TVs.
I have attached some pics with the TV to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the TV. I bought the TV 6 months ago and it still has 18 months of Panasonic transferable warranty remaining.
I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy. The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in hadling the payment and delivery of the TV.
With this procedure you will be able to check the TV before I receive the payment.
Click bellow to go to their website:

http://www.uk-tnt.com/country/en_corpor ... press.html

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the TV right away.
Let me know what you think.

:oops:

Thanks for getting back to me "jenny", when I saw the ad, I knew it was the good ole TNT SCAM, had to get through your fake headers, so I could shut down the email, the site and warn Western Union ..... you need some new tricks, your scam is blogged all over, and you are right up there with TNT tv network and the real delivery service for # 1 google search ... so F*** YOU

Post subject: Yet Another TNT TV Scam
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:04 am 

"Susan Hokanson" <susan_hokanson31@hotmail.com>
In-Reply-To: <p61@y40wstpzvvhxnbaohix5355k5iykod3r@hotmail.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1862545237-1190984410=:28978"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Length: 3344

Here's what I think - I have yet another example of your stupid TNT Scam and your forged e mail headers courtesy of everyone.net ...we'll keep reporting it, and thanks to new legislation we can now force Western Union to nail you, so your time is almost up - Jessica Berry, Ann Margaret Caltiri - or any of the other 100 names - by the way the Federal Detention Center here is not a nice place ...douchebag

Susan Hokanson <susan_hokanson31@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello
I still have the TV. As I said, the TV was made to be used in USA and it comes with 18 months of warranty.
I have attached some pics with the TV to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:
http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html
TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the TV before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (on my expense).
Best Regards,
Susan

Post subject: TNT - CraigsList - Susan Wheeler - Patrick Cornick
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:16 pm 

On 10/5/2007 I found an ad on CraigsList @ http://desmoines.craigslist.org/ele/440063077.html I responded to the email <wheeler_sus31@hotmail.com>, a Susan Wheeler and asked about the iBook she had for sell. After a few emails, she referred me to the shipping/3rd party company she would be using, http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html After agreeing to buying the iBook, I then received an email from <customerdepartment@globaltnt.net> with instructions about the exchange. Soon after I received another email from <customerdepartment@globaltnt.net> with payment instructions, including:

"Delivery Type: TNT Express 2nd Day Delivery - After the Payment is received and verified by TNT
Amount to be paid by the Buyer: USD $390.00

Payment Instructions - Receiver of the Payment - Patrick Cornick

The payment must be made through Western Union Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is in charge with this transaction - Patrick Cornick using the Money in Minutes Service from Western Union.

Important Note: The Payment must be made at one of Western Union's Agent Locations, in person by the Buyer. The payment must not be made using Western Union's Send Money Online Service due to the high Credit Card fraud risk. We will not confirm any payments made online.

You must go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is responsible with this transaction - Patrick Cornick.

In order to complete the Money Transfer using the Money in Minutes Service you will need the Payment Details of our TNT Agent:

Please make your Money Transfer payable to:

First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Cornick
Address: 214 Bowery Street
City: Wolverhampton
Zip(City Code): S22 1TF

After you complete the payment you need to send the Payment Information for verification to our Payment Department at their e-mail address: TNT On-Line Payment Service

The Payment Information that you need to send to us for verification are:
- MTCN - Money Transfer Control Number (the MTCN is the 10-digit number located on your Western Union Confirmation Receipt)
- Sender's Name and Sender's Address - (the name Name and Address of the Sender of the Western Union Money Transfer)
- Amount Transferred - (the amount transferred)"

After sending the money Western Union like instructed, I then sent an email to <paymentdepartment@globaltnt.net> with my payment information.

After 6 days, and the tracking website, http://globaltnt.net/tnt.express.wolver ... 26687.html never changed, I then found a number to TNT Express, spoke with a representative who told me I got scammed and the person selling the iBook was a fraud.

Beware!!! Never send money to anyone you don't know through Western Union!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:16 pm 

Before checking this site, I was enticed by a Craig's List ad for a MacBook 2.4 GhZ listed for $1700 that purportedly included Final Cut Studio 5.1 (software alone lists for $1,269.99 on Amazon.com)

My question:
I'm interested, but what type of warranty is there? What's the catch? It seems you're selling below market if final cut is included?

The response of John Ennis <jhonennis22@hotmail.com> (notice that his hotmail account seems to misspell his name):

"Hi,
The laptop is in great cosmetic and working condition. The macbook was slightly used, it has 2 years and 8 months remaining Apple Care warranty. The price I`m selling it for is $1700, which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in Seattle but currently I am with work in the UK (London) for the next approximately 7 months, but I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell the laptop without difficulty.
I left the laptop at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery with a 14-day return policy so you will have the chance to inspect it before final decision.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks"

Glad I was able to find about this scam by googling moneybooker!!

Post subject: WASHINGTON POST PICKS UP ON THE TNT SCAM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:38 pm 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 26/AR20071
02602156.html

Funny to see a TNT Spokesperson quoted- their warnings are a joke, and their 'countermeasures' even more of one

Post subject: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:40 pm 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02156.html

Post subject: Today's TNT Scammer- Kathleen Scott
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:26 pm 

From Kathleen Scott Wed Oct 31 17:27:50 2007
X-Apparently-To: ddaskalakis19@yahoo.com via 68.180.197.86; Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:33:49 -0700
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 65.54.246.226
X-Originating-IP: [65.54.246.226]
Return-Path: <kathy_s28@hotmail.com>
Authentication-Results: mta248.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=hotmail.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 65.54.246.226 (EHLO bay0-omc3-s26.bay0.hotmail.com) (65.54.246.226) by mta248.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:33:49 -0700
Received: from BLU124-W33 ([10.4.13.68]) by bay0-omc3-s26.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:27:50 -0700
Message-ID: <BLU124-W33F1DB7A848A566AB99FD2868C0@phx.gbl>
Return-Path: kathy_s28@hotmail.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_b459bbd3-b543-4184-8655-95f75ac754d5_"
X-Originating-IP: [172.174.197.40]
From: "Kathleen Scott" <kathy_s28@hotmail.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: ddaskalakis19@yahoo.com
Subject: Panasonic Plasma
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:27:50 -0700
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <000601c81c1b$1a2f47a0$4e8dd6e0$@net>
References: <BLU124-W21356DD2201C86AE477C3F86930@phx.gbl> <000601c81c1b$1a2f47a0$4e8dd6e0$@net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 01 Nov 2007 00:27:50.0437 (UTC) FILETIME=[08EC7550:01C81C1E]
Content-Length: 5079
Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England, Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
The TV is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the PanasonicCare are US registered.
I can't use the TV here in UK because it works on 110 V. I didn't know about this problem when I moved here and another reason why I am selling the TV is because I have just received a new TV as a birthday gift here in UK, so I do not think I will be using my old TV any more. I don't have use for 2 TVs.
I have attached some pics with the TV to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the TV. I bought the TV 6 months ago and it still has 18 months of Panasonic transferable warranty remaining.
I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy. The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in hadling the payment and delivery of the TV.
With this procedure you will be able to check the TV before I receive the payment.
Click bellow to go to their website:

http://www.uk-tnt.com/country/en_corpor ... press.html

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the TV right away.

Best Wishes,
Kathy

Post subject: JENNY ALEMAN fraud
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:46 pm 

hello guys, and girls
unfortunately i was swept away last week by a great deal on craigslist and i stupidly followed through with JENNY ALEMAN:

Hi Mike,

I used the camera for my brother's wedding in US and few times here in UK. The camera is in excellent condition, looks like new.
I am so sorry, I sent you a wrong link. Here is the right link:

http://www.ukship-tnt.com/details.html

Please read their procedure and get back to me. If you agree to their terms please send me your name and address and I will start the delivery procedure.

Best Wishes
Jenny

> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:16:29 -0800
> From: pedalpushermike@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: Re : Sony HDR-HC1 HDV 1080i Camcorder - like new! - $450
> To: JennyAleman342@hotmail.com
>
> Jenny,
>
> Thanks for the reply, it was quicker than I had
> expected. Everything looks great! I do have a
> question as to how much you used it and what
> conditions you filmed under while you used your
> camera? Also, seeing as you are England I am ok with
> using TNT, so how will we transfer my payment?
>
> Once again, thank you, I'm really looking forward to
> making this happen.
>
> -Mike
>
> --- Jenny Aleman <JennyAleman342@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Hi there,
>
> Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England,
> Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator
> and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here
> in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
> The camcorder is still available, in perfect
> condition, and I will sell it only in US because here
> the warranty and the SonyCare are US registered.
> The reason why I am selling the camcorder is because I
> have just received a new camcorder as a birthday gift
> here in UK, so I do not think I will be using my old
> camcorder any more. I don't have use for 2 camcorders.
> I have attached some pics with the camcorder to this
> e-mail so you can see the condition of the camcorder.
> I bought the camcorder 8 months ago and it still has
> 16 months of Sony transferable warranty remaining.
> I hope you are still interested and we can make the
> deal happen right away.
> Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would
> like to use a service that will help us with that:
>
> http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html
>
> TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL
> or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you
> will be able to check the camcorder before I receive
> the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day
> delivery (on my expense).
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
>
> Best Wishes,
> Jenny

I am even more ashamed to say that i did provide "her" with my home shipping information!

What should i do? and how serious is my situation?

Post subject: Re: JENNY ALEMAN fraud
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 pm 
Gold Member

mongaaa wrote:
hello guys, and girls
unfortunately i was swept away last week by a great deal on craigslist and i stupidly followed through with JENNY ALEMAN:

Hi Mike,

I used the camera for my brother's wedding in US and few times here in UK. The camera is in excellent condition, looks like new.
I am so sorry, I sent you a wrong link. Here is the right link:

http://www.ukship-tnt.com/details.html

Please read their procedure and get back to me. If you agree to their terms please send me your name and address and I will start the delivery procedure.

Best Wishes
Jenny

> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:16:29 -0800
> From: pedalpushermike@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: Re : Sony HDR-HC1 HDV 1080i Camcorder - like new! - $450
> To: JennyAleman342@hotmail.com
>
> Jenny,
>
> Thanks for the reply, it was quicker than I had
> expected. Everything looks great! I do have a
> question as to how much you used it and what
> conditions you filmed under while you used your
> camera? Also, seeing as you are England I am ok with
> using TNT, so how will we transfer my payment?
>
> Once again, thank you, I'm really looking forward to
> making this happen.
>
> -Mike
>
> --- Jenny Aleman <JennyAleman342@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Hi there,
>
> Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England,
> Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator
> and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here
> in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
> The camcorder is still available, in perfect
> condition, and I will sell it only in US because here
> the warranty and the SonyCare are US registered.
> The reason why I am selling the camcorder is because I
> have just received a new camcorder as a birthday gift
> here in UK, so I do not think I will be using my old
> camcorder any more. I don't have use for 2 camcorders.
> I have attached some pics with the camcorder to this
> e-mail so you can see the condition of the camcorder.
> I bought the camcorder 8 months ago and it still has
> 16 months of Sony transferable warranty remaining.
> I hope you are still interested and we can make the
> deal happen right away.
> Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would
> like to use a service that will help us with that:
>
> http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html
>
> TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL
> or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you
> will be able to check the camcorder before I receive
> the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day
> delivery (on my expense).
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
>
> Best Wishes,
> Jenny

I am even more ashamed to say that i did provide "her" with my home shipping information!

What should i do? and how serious is my situation?

You sent the money so as for your home address I don't think you have to worry about much of anything other than to be targeted for more fraud since they will say you fell for it once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:44 pm 

no i did not send money. i simply sent her my shipping information

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:21 pm 
Gold Member

mongaaa wrote:
no i did not send money. i simply sent her my shipping information

You should be ok then. Just cease and desist all contact with this person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:02 pm 

alrighty, thanks guys.

Post subject: I got taken. :(
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:21 pm 

Man do I feel stupid. I was taken by the iBook for a great price. Too many warning signs I see now. Didn't investigate before. *bangs head like Chris Farley*

Same process: Craigslist (Susan Sonnenfeld), send money via Western Union, official looking TNT emails. Bomb dropped on me this morning.

Questions:

- Is TNT a real biz? Do they know about this?
- Has anything been done to try to find these thieves?

Thanks,

Post subject: apartment scam
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:42 pm 

Found a great apartment in Chicago $600/1BR...too good to be true.

Re: craigslist apt‏

Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL orUPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys.I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment.Please click on the link bellow to the TNTwebsite to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained:http://www.tnt.com/country/en_generic/services/special_services/timecritical.html Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter by the end of the next week.Regards,

Nov 25, 2007
Hi. Thank you for responding. How can I see the apartment? Can you send the keys to someone who can show it to me? I don't think there were any photos with your listing. Thanks

Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:06:50 +0200 From: martins.helena225@gmail.comSubject: Re: craigslist apt
Hello, Thank you for your interest. I have available the apartment but now I'm in London, United Kingdom with my job , I will stay here for 3 years. So this is the reason that I want to rent the apartment. I can rent you the apt for max 3 years because I have a contract here for this period. I'm the owner of the apt and its like in the pics. The rent for 1 month is $600.00 including all utilities (water,electricity,internet,cable, parking). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys.I must inform you that the keys from my apartment are with me and hope that we will find a compromise. Thanks.

Nov 20, 2007 Hi. I saw your listing on craigslist (2850 Sheridan) and I am very interested in seeing this apartment asap! Let me know when you're showing. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next