ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: www.ezlaptop.com scam. Site down. Laptop? Where? 5$ gone
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:58 pm 
A web called EZLaptop (http://www.ezlaptop.com) is down. This site offered a Sony VAIO laptop for "only" 5 USD, by paypal payment. Well, everything was fine, you give your 5$, their earnings were high for advertisements, so after a few months reading useless mails you may receive your laptop at home.

Due to the crowd of people and referrers of this website (aprox. 80000) and advertisers, this is a really good scam. 80000*5=400000$ from all over the world.

Considerations:

1/ Money transfer is by method paypal payment. If you had print your payment you're able to do something legal, perhaps (just perhaps).

2/ After contact them, they do not reply. So where are they? In the beach? The money has gone, bye, bye.

3/ Perhaps the more important thing to catch them is they offered a certain product: Sony VAIO laptop, mining this TradeMark and a product that never again would give the same market result. Only Sony can take legal ways to cacth 'em.

Very interesting link about this fraud:

Useful information about http://www.ezlaptop.com:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff147366.htm

==============================================

En español:

Una web llamada EZLaptop (http://www.ezlaptop.com) ha dejado de existir. Este sitio ofrecía un portátil Sony VAIO por tan "sólo" 5$ (aproximadamente 3.5 €) mediante pago con paypal. Bien, todo parecía correcto, tú pagabas 5$, sus ingresos eran altos debido a sus anuncios, así que después de unos cuántos meses después de haber leído correos inútiles podrías recibir en casa tu portátil.

Debido a la cantidad de gente y referidos de esta web (aproximadamente unos 80000), además de anunciantes, sí que puede considerarse una gran estafa. 80000*5$=400000$ de gente de todo el mundo.

Consideraciones:

1/ El método de pago es vía paypal. Si habéis impreso vuestro pago quizás (tan sólo quizás) podréis hacer algo legal.

2/ Después de querer ponerme en contacto con ellos, estos no responden. Dónde están? En la playa? Así que demos por perdido el dinero, adiós adiós...

3/ Lo más importante para poder atraparlos es que ellos ofrecían un determinado producto: un portátil Sony VAIO, minando la imagen de esta compañía y la de un producto que jamás volverá a tener los mismos resultados en el mercado. Sólo Sony podría tomar acciones legales para poder cazarlos.

Un más que interesante enlace sobre esta estafa: (en inglés).

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff147366.htm

Uníos ezlaptoperos, a por ellos :)))))) Son unos timadores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:36 pm 

Alter-
Why did you even think that you would be able to get a laptop for $5. Even with the advertising and what not. This is a "too good to be true" scenerio for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:12 pm 

My broken laptop is worth more than 5.00 not even able to be fired up.

The average used price for a decent laptop USED is around 500.00 Brand new the go for around 899.00-2500.00 depending on the bells and whistles you want.

NO WAY can you get a laptop new used or broken for $5

They simply are using paypal as a method to scam people and you should report it to paypal immediately have them investigated and possibly shut down.

Post subject: Loophole
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:00 pm 
The problem with EZLaptop is that they are actually providing something for that $5. The website clearly stated that you are purchasing ebooks for the 5 bucks, and a free benefit is being able to collect points for spam which can in turn be used to get a "free" laptop. Yeah it sucks and I got pulled into it to, but there isn't anything we can do legally, accept maybe for the people who paid the 3.95 for S&H and never received the laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:21 pm 

shipping alone on the laptop slowboat would be more than 3.95 that in and of itself is a scam.

Not to mention that by signing up you are also probably joining an opt-in mailing list which makes the spam even legal.

Post subject: Ezlaptop
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:43 am 
Yes Many SIte are scammers when it comes to Trying to swindle your money away from you, they figure hell, its only 5 bucks, what they dont realize that some people care about 5 bucks.

The site is down and people are looking for them, Im glad, hope they get strung up high, the lynching law?? well it would do good for these type of unethical people. give them Long jail Time.!! Trying to swindle people how dare they.

On a happier note ebay Business isnt so hot either i hope they close too.. They refuse to regulate the shippers fees, you win a product for 99 cents and shipping is 30 bucks and when they ship it you notice the tag price is 1.59 for postage and it wasnt even packed right..

Ebay wont regulate this reason?? they alreay gotten there money, they charge around 4 bucks for each website or Post of a product, thuink of the revenue they'll make!!! regardless of who wins since they win all the time.

Also one last thing, Clogged highway, the reason??? well here it is, the goverment refuse to do anything, because of the revenue the gain from each and every car on the road. regardless of who is behind the wheel. if its a maniac or a conservative driver, the goverment wont remove these people from the highways. if you want to see less traffic imagine if the goverment regulated the drivers if a driver got a ticket lets say 3 times a year they would lose thier license to drive, for at least one year. if they are caught driving without a license, then they would lose it for 3 years and fine, and car impounded for the duration. i think something like this would be grandier. there would be safer drivers and less traffic, in any state. also get these people off thier fones!!! while driving!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:17 am 

HEY! I resent that driver statement there- I mean I made a conscious choice to forego a gas pedal for a higher powered cell phone, its a must have item, without a cell phone I would feel naked in society LOL :)

On the violations front at least Florida is beginning to crack down on bad drivers some.

Run a red light $500 fine Cause accident doing so $1000 fine Cause Injury you pay the other parties medical bills and get a $1500 fine.

No Seatbelt? $500 per person fine

No Turn Signal $70 fine

Music loud enough to be heard 25 feet away from your car $70 fine

Drive slower in any other lane than the right hand lane on freeway $66 fine.

And more to come as the lawmakers can think them up and get them passed.

Post subject: ezlaptop!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:33 pm 
Maybe if everyone that thought they would get a laptop computer for $5.00 would contact the attorney generals office, someone would do something about moron's that do things like this to people. Paypal should wise up a little, and be held responsible for this also!

If enough people would contact these 2 places, maybe something would be done and these people would have to pay up!!!

Post subject: Re: Loophole
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am 
They had clearly said they are giving a Sony Vaio Laptop for $5 and they were shipping it to anywhere in the world. In the begining there was no $3.95 for shipping charges. That has come in only of late. I joined just to see where all this would lead and more importantly I got the lead from BAAZEE.com, an Indian auction site, which has now been purchased by Ebay.

Post subject: Suckered
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:11 pm 
:evil: Well, I Figured That By Selling To Advertisers The Cost For The Laptop Would Ultimately Be Made By The Company.
WAS I WRONG!!!Sould Have Known Better!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:34 am 
This guy was also ripped off by ezlaptop http://www.geocities.com/timstone66/

Post subject: EZLaptop
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:19 pm 
I had earned 2 laptops in two different account names, and when they didn't respond to my emails, I threatened to go to the local authorities and press full charges - two days later, the site was unavailable. I have copies of the email they sent, and the emails I sent to them. If anyone else does, I'm hoping we can band together and get some justice done. Anyone can email me at bwillia9@twcny.rr.com......

Post subject: Ezlaptop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:48 pm 
Even if it is only 5 dollars, these people who operated this scam deserve to go to jail for the rest of their life. To intentionally defraud people at this magnitude, is a major crime. I participated, knowing that I ran the risk of it being a fraud. But I did my part; I read the emails and paid the 5 dollars.
The United States Government has a duty to prosecute such criminals. Even if it is only 5 dollars per person, the total amount should be considered as a basis for prosecution. Internet fraud is or should be the same as mail fraud. The United States has whole heartedly backed the Internet, and should be made to proscute internet scams the same as mail scams.
These people, if they did this intentionally, deserve all the criminality applied to them of a bank robber. The United States cannot sit back and claim no responsibility for the actions of this group. When a crime arises, we pay taxes to have protection from criminals.

Post subject: lost money twice
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:30 pm 
I am so upset after what I just read. I didn't know anything about this scam at all! I wish someone had told me a long time ago.
I guess a lesson learned is a good and painfull lesson. I joined once and then after about 10 months, Ididn't hear from them at all. Around the first of this year, I got an e-mail from some where, don't know where now? They were talking about ez-laptop again, so dummy me, I sent them another $5.00 to join again! They said they were a new owner and that I would have to join again, to get the free laptop. Well, now it is almost 8 month since I joined again and I have not gotten one thing from them. I decided to check it out tonight and this is what I found. Boy what a rude awaking this is! Thank you very much for your help and believe me I won't be caught again in this scam. :evil: :twisted: :oops: :x
Sincerely yours,
Karen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:39 pm 

Paypal is owned by Ebay need I say more?????