Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: escrow scam-lost lot of money-please help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:48 am 

Hi
I got scmmed by a fake escrow site:
http://www.mediterranean-logistics.com/
i bought a car from someone in spain who asked me to use them as an escrow. I did not know that such scams existed, i feel so dumb.
i wired the money by bank trasnfer (15000gbp!!) and then they say they never got it despite my bank confirming they did. they are still open and sort of touch with me through a chat site saying that they are "investigating". i found out form scam reporting websites that they are a fraud.
-UK police can not help as they say these people are in spain!
-Please, please can someone help and tell me what I can do to get the money back? my bank can not recall the funds because they have been withdrawn from thir account..
Thanks for those who reply, time is against me but maybe if i cat urgently something can be done. this is huge money and i am not rich
thanks,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:14 pm 

I hate doing this :(
If the scammer has withdrawn the money from the receiving account, it is most likely gone, as the scammer now has the cash in hand. That said, beware of anyone who sends you an email promising to get your money back, as this is a common technique employed by these scammers. After they steal your money, they will email you from an "official" address claiming that they can get your money back... for a fee. This is, of course, just another scam.

I have looked at the "escrow" site used to scam you, and it is completely fake. It has a 2 year paid registry started last month, and the text and images used were stolen from real businesses. I will kill the site, but can do more damage to the scammers if you provide detailed information, including the account the scammers used to receive the money. Please post or PM me the info. An email from these scammers, including the full headers (minus your address), would be most helpful. If you don't know how to do so, tell me what email provider you are using and I will help you.