ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Escrow website "job offer"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:30 pm 

Hi- I received the email below today. It sounds familiar, like I heard this setup in a news story about "job offer" scams or something, (and plus the spelling/syntax *sucks,* which was actually my first clue), but I am having problems finding info online about this scam. Does this look like the usual scam? And if so, who can/should I forward this email to? I am a resident of the state of NY. And yes, I do actually have my resume listed on the http://www.4entertainmentjobs.com website mentioned, so I would like to let them know about it also, of course.

I haven't done anything yet, this site had some awesome advice when my friend (almost) got taken by the Nigerian check/car auction scam so I am waiting to hear what y'all have to say on this first! Thanks!!

Email I received:

Hello dear,
First of all I want to introduce myself, and company I represent.
My name is Robert Koss, maincoordinator of "NYEscrow International". NYEscrow is an
escrow service provider science 1999. We get the main positions on the international
escrow services market. We are working with such known brands as Ebay, Yahoo, Amazon etc., all over the world.
Millions of people, every day, all over the world, buying and selling millions of items,
and to safe themselfs from internet fraud, they use escrow services. Our services get more and
more popularity with each year. So now we start our winter recruitment programm in your state.
We have got thousands of resumes, some of them we have found on different sites, such as careerbuilder.com,
monster.com, vault.com, etc.
We have find your resume on http://www.4entertainmentjobs.com. We have read, considered and accepted your resume
and glad to offer to do bussines with us. This is an extra-income, part-time job. You can work
on your current work and doing bussines with our company. You can read some information
about this position:

Vacancy Name: Regional Coordinator.
Job Type: Part-Time (about 2h/week), an Extra-Income
Salary: USD 4.5K Paid monthly by (PayPal, WesternUnion, MoneyOrder, Bank Check or Bank Account Transfer)
Job Description: Daily receive instructions by email or phone from me, maincoordinator,
sometimes receive different pakages by FedEX or UPS with items from sellers, check items condition
and send to buyers by UPS or FedEx. Money on Fedex and UPS fees you will recieve from our company
by WesternUnion, PayPal or any other way. You don't need some cash to start.And don't need some
special education or experience. You will get 2-3 Items/week.
Requirements: Computer user, Email access every day.

To start doing bussines with us please fill this application form and send back to us.
Please provide your SSN, so we can begin to prepare an emplyment agreement for you.
After the verification period (3 weeks since you have received the first instruction from maincoordinator)
we will send an official printed agreement to your mailing address with our CEO’s signature. You position of
regional coordinator will be specified in this document.
We also plan to open a regional office in your area, who knows may be you will be the main manager of this office.
It is a great chance, and career grow.

Application form
=====================================================================

Full Name:
Full Address:
Zip:
City:
State:
Cellular Phone:
Home Phone:
SSN:
Date of Birth:
Current occupation (if any):

======================================================================

Sometimes we can call to make an interview.
After receiving your application form you will start work and will receive your first task shortly.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on our email. If you want to have a phone call from our company please
reply with request(please write time, date, and phone number where we can rich you in time specified). If you want you
can call us on :
Maincoordinator: New York, 212-277-3897 (9AM-17PM Robert Koss)

Kind Regards,
Robert Koss - Maincoordinator

Fast, Safe, Secure...
NYEscrow Inc. - Escrow Services
375 Park Ave
New York, NY 10152-3297

Order Escrow Services Call: 212-277-4498
Customer Service: 212-381-0005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:57 am 
Gold Member

Reeks of a scam -

You'll be asked to cash checks from the 'buyer' and forward on the money to the 'seller' via Western Union, but they'll be counterfeit. The check seems to clear, as the money appears in your account, and you forward on the money. But a few days or weeks later, you bank tells you the check is counterfeit, and your account is debitted the money.
Or you'll be paid via paypal, but using a stolen credit card.

Steer clear!

Post subject: NY-Escrow
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:08 am 

Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was scammed 3 years ago by this "NY-escrow website" simple enough. The scam was that I placed a watch on Ebay, agreed on a price via email (I know not to EVER do this now) and get payment money from this escrow account website. Well as soon as the watch that I shipped to recipient was recived, website disappeared along with my money (obviously never really there) watch shipped to this person on me. This at the time was a new type of scam but I actually needed that money and that watch actually had sentimental meaning to me. I informed the Fed's and they are on it but 3 years later this guy is still out there. The symptoms are painfully similar -syntax and spelling were horrible (this is not an educated person or literate for that matter). I am sure this person (s) have moved on to other types of scams and i personally are looking for them. Surprised to see ny-escrow name still being used. Stay as far away from them as possible.

Post subject: I'm sick of scams, aren't you?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:31 pm 

I have received an email almost exactly like this but from International Escrow, Inc. I did a reverse lookup on the phone number provided and it is a cell phone. The company name does not come up on any web searches I can find. I've tried to respond to the emails I've received and they all come back undeliverable.

I am going to try to call the phone number on Monday and see what they have to say. I'm so temped to send in the application because it sounds like minimal work for decent money. I originally thought this would be a good fit for my sister-in-law but didn't want her to get taken.

Let me know what you think.

Post subject: Re: I'm sick of scams, aren't you?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:15 am 
Gold Member

dmontalvo wrote:
I have received an email almost exactly like this but from International Escrow, Inc. I did a reverse lookup on the phone number provided and it is a cell phone. The company name does not come up on any web searches I can find. I've tried to respond to the emails I've received and they all come back undeliverable.

I am going to try to call the phone number on Monday and see what they have to say. I'm so temped to send in the application because it sounds like minimal work for decent money. I originally thought this would be a good fit for my sister-in-law but didn't want her to get taken.

Let me know what you think.

What part of "It's a scam!" don't you understand, and we will expain it to you?

Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:47 am 

Is that sarcastic or are you being helpful? Hard to tell.

Post subject: Re: WOW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:05 am 
Gold Member

dmontalvo wrote:
Is that sarcastic or are you being helpful? Hard to tell.

A bit of both - it's obviously a scam.