There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FAKE WESTERN UNION AND MONEY GRAM TRANSFER
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:28 am 

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
=======================================================================================
Dear Jenny Locsin,

Congratulations! The order placed by the buyer of your item ***ADAMS MARY*** to have a Western Union® branded Money OrderSM $390.00(USD) sent to you as payment for the item ** Digilife DV670 7in1 Multi-function Camcorder** has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED. The financial details of the transaction are stated below:(NOTE: ALL AMOUNT ARE IN USD$)

***FINANCIAL DETAILS***
AUCTION SITE :MySpace.com
AUCTION ITEM :Digital Camera
TOTAL AMOUNT :$390.00
=======================================================================================
SELLER INFORMATION.
Name :
Address :
City :
State :
Zipcode :
Email :

If there is an error in the name or address, Please email our representative at customer care : (westerntechsupport@usa.com )
BUYER SHIPPING INFORMATION.
Name :Adams Mary
Address :13 AranseOlu Street Off Powerline
City :Agege
State :Lagos
Zipcode :23401
Email :adams4me_x@yahoo.com
===================================================================================
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment with 48 hours of recieving this Payment Approval Notification and get to our Costumer/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shippment Verification.

If the buyer has requested that the item be sent to any address other than the one provided above, please ship the item OUT and notify us immediately at our representative at .

Be sure to include the Western Union Auction Payments order and the change of address the buyer has requested. Also, include change of address has the subject of your email.

******PLEASE NOTE********
The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your resident until the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.

******SHIPMENT VERIFICATION******
You can have the shipment confirmed/verified in any of the following ways:

1. Contact BidPay stating the BidPay® Order Number and the TRACKING NUMBER of the shipment to our email at: westerntechsupport@usa.com

*******PLEASE NOTE*******
Due to the fact that Bidpay processes thousands of orders daily, Bidpay RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch the Money OrderSM. Send shippment tracking details to :westerntechsupport@usa.com

2. You can give the buyer of your auction item the TRACKING NUMBER of the shipment and once he/she verifies the shipment, he/she will also notify us immediately.

Please do not let your buyer gain access to this Payment Approval Notication.
*****CUSTOMER SUPPORT*****
If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order at: westerntechsupport@usa.com

Thank you for using Western Union® Auction Payments. We look forward to serving your online auction payment needs better in the future.

Bidpay Team,

Western Union Auction Payments.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
& lt; !-- InstanceEndEditable -->Thank you for using Western Union® Auction Payments. We look forward to serving your online auction payment needs better in the future.

THE FASTEST WAY OF PAYMENT DELIVERY WORDWIDE.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Dear Vinny D. Lacuna ,

MoneyGram here by congratulate you and at the same time informing you once again that the MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM sent to you from our client (US-Elctronicswarehouse) has been Approved.Money Gram ® USD$2,300.00

Auction Item :Digital CAMERAs.
Auction Number: .............................
Auction Site :Myspace

Shipment Information Delivery Address

Adeniyi Adigun
#13 kareem baatunde street papa ashafa
Dopemu,Lagos State
23401, Nigeria.

NOTE : THE SHIPPER PREFERS FEDEX COUIRER SERVICE FOR SHIPMENT

Money Package tracking number
--------------------------
RI227009499GB

--------------------------

You can check there to confirm the delivery of the money by shipment courier service
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/trac ... gear=track

This order has been approved, and will be sent to the Seller's address in 3-5 business days.You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer. Moreover the above ®Order Number will be ask before delivering the ®Money , you will also identify yourself with your driving licence or your Social security number.

N.B.
NOTE THAT THE MONEY WILL NOT GET TO YOUR RESIDENT UNTIL THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER IS SENT TO US FOR SHIPMENT VERIFICATION.
***NOTE***
****PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PAYMENT HAVE BEEN APPROVED AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW ALSO THAT THIS PAYMENT HAVE BEEN SIGN BY THE FBI AND THE MONEY GRAM AUTHORITY SO TO AVOID FRAUDULENT WE WANT YOU TO SHIP OUT THE ITEMS TO YOUR CLIENT AND MAIL US BACK WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER BEFORE WE GET TO YOU AND IMMEDIATELY YOU SEND US THE TRACKING NUMBER WE ARE GOING TO PRESENT YOU THE ORDER NUMBER WHICH YOU ARE GOING TO PRESENT TO THE MONEY GRAM AGENT WHEN THEY ARRIVED OK..*****

And if you have any questions, feel free to contact the accountant incharge via (moneygrambankconfirm_cash@kashan.com)

Thank you for using MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM . We look forward serving your Online Money Gram needs in the future.

Sincerely,
Money Gram International

Auction site authorised register

Use MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM to pay for items on eBay, Amazon, CNet, MSN Auctions, Yahoo and others. Customer Service Center for all customer inquiries and transaction approvals is available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Hi! guys be careful with this kind of e-mail they are all fake!!!! I've read that most of you had already encounter the same thing. Beware of NIGRERIANS!!!! Most of them are scam buyers (proven and tested by me hehehe). It's good to have this kind of website forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:40 pm 

Yeah ,
In Nigeria they try to buy :)
In U.K they try to sell :)
In both they wanna to USE WESTERN UNION.
If you ar selling and you use WESTERN UNION please ask the buyer the MTCN ( money transfer control number ) and the sender name
after that you go on https://wumt.westernunion.com/asp/order ... try=global and you check if they send the money.
But is not a good idea to use Westernunion

Post subject: almost scammed until I saw this messageboard...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:03 am 

Hello. I would like to thank you guys for posting this topic. I was supposed to ship my digital camera to Missouri USA. Fortunately, I found this website before I was able to do so. I was verifying with our local bank here in the Philippines (that offers money gram service) if there exists a moneygram order number of 5241852359. They told me that authentic moneygram order numbers are composed of only 8 digits. Mine was composed of 10. As such, I started to doubt and search the internet.

The fake confirmation email I got from the so called money gram traveller's express was:
MONEY GRAM ORDER NUMBER : 5241852359

Dear Margaret L. Tiu Lim ,

Travelers Express ® Money Gram Here By Congratulate You And At The Same Time Informing You That The ®Money Gram sent to you from "Mrs Nansy Smitcheal" through United state Travelers Express ® Money Gram service has been Verified and Approved. Money OrderSM® :USD 440,00--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MONEY ORDER ITEM : ACCESSORY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**FINANCIAL DETAILS**
(NOTE: All amounts will be paid in ( USD)
--------------------------------------
MONEY ORDER AMOUNT : USD 440 .00
SHIPPING COST : USD .00
TOTAL : USD 440 .00

Please verify that the following buyer's shipping address (as entered by the buyer) is correct once again.

==============================================================================================================
ATTENTION: Dalton Lambert
ADDRESS: 509 W Main
CITY Bismarck
STATE: Missouri
ZIP CODE: 63624
TEL#: 1-314-714-4514

==============================================================================================================

smitchealsmictch@yahoo.com==============================================================================================

''Package Of The Money''

Money Package Tracking Number

RI458919892GB

you can check here to confirm the delivery of the money by shipment courier service

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/trac ... gear=track

If there Is A Mistake In Your Address, please Contact The Buyer To Correct The Above Error.
This Order Has Been Approved And Will Be Send As A Money Gram To Your Address In 2 -3 Days Time,You Can Now Send The Items To The Buyer.While Your Money Gram Is On The Way To You, Moreover The ®Shipping Tracking Number Will Be Ask Before Delivering The ®Money Gram, You Will Also Identify Your Self By Asking You The Auction Item Number.

NOTE THAT THE MONEY GRAM WILL NOT GET TO YOUR RESIDENT UNTIL THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER IS SENT TO OUR CUSTOMER SERVICES FOR SHIPMENT VERIFICATION.PLEASE EMAIL THE SHIPPMENT TRACKING NUMBER TO OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT: (moneygrampayment@lancsmail.com)
unreg&num=5241852359

Thank you for using Travelers Express ® Money Gram. We Look Forward Serving Your Online Money Gram Needs In The Future.

Sincerely,
Customers Payment® Department.

Sincerely MoneyGram ® eMoney Transfer
==========================================================================================================
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE SELECT TO click here OR MAIL OUR CUSTOMER CARE: moneygrampayment@lancsmail.com

Tel #: 1-573-518-9050
Fax #: 573-518-9051

unreg&num=5241852359

Hope this will help other online sellers. THANKS :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:38 am 

I want to ship my playstasion for my brother he is in Brazil. What I can do because i have seen many money transfer services but it can't transfer anything in Brazil tell me the service which transfers playstation to my brother in Brazil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:24 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

charlesclemens wrote:
I want to ship my playstasion for my brother he is in Brazil. What I can do because i have seen many money transfer services but it can't transfer anything in Brazil tell me the service which transfers playstation to my brother in Brazil.

Why would you need a money transfer service to ship a playstation to your brother? You just go to a post office or FedEx location, give them the playstation to ship and pay them for the price of shipping.

Or am I missing something here?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:50 pm 

Thanks to share if any think to transfer online this playstation please give it to me