ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:10 am 
One more thing to keep in mind. Keep VERY CLOSE tabs on what is going out of your bank account. Good advice would be to MAKE the bank send you slips of the money that is coming out of your bank account more then once a month. A person does not have to have ahold of your card to rack up and max out your card.

Like stated on this site quite a few times, there are devices that will capture data from a credit card and store it in a little memory chip that is built into the "skimming" device.

This skimming device will store the track data which is on your card.

The black stripe on your card is actually magnetic, it has three Tracks to it. The first track contains your credit card#, exp date, your name. The second track contains the data that you DO NOT want the scammer to get ahold of. This also contains your credit card#/EXP date, but this contains the data that is verified by the bank for each transaction, it is called the "BANK CODE", the third track does not matter as it is just more information like track1.

Here are the formats of the first 2 tracks: I am using fake information (CC#/NAME/EXPDATE for these examples)
TRACK1
B4124812401290124^LASTNAME/FIRSTNAME^050610100112100000000000?
First part of this is the credit card number....
Second part is last name.......
Third part is the first name.....
0506 = Expiration date being 06/2005
101 = Is a seperation code or bank code splitting the exp date between the Fourth part which is the bank code with usually about 7-9 0's at the end.
-----------------------
TRACK2
4124812401290124=0506101001121000?
First part of this is the credit card number.
Second part is the expiration date being 06/2005
101 = Is a seperation code or bank code splitting the exp date between the fourth part which is the actual bank code. This code is whats used in EVERY transaction that makes the money come from your account and not someone elses. This code can only be figured out for each card by the bank..

There are some banks which are not secure with there bank codes, and there are things called UNIVERSAL tracks which will work for a certain bank no matter if you have that specific cards bank code or not.

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask. I hope this little explanation has helped a little bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:40 am 
This information shoulf NOT be posted in a public forum - any would be ATM scammer now knows exactly what info on the card he needs!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:13 pm 

I fully agree here, this is too much information that is too valuable to a scumbag wanting to rip someone off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:59 am 
Anonymous wrote:
If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask.

it's a widely availible information. But, if only this data is on card, how PIN is checked? I've read somewhere on forum that PIN could be checked offline too.

I've heard about wireless stream interception (between ATM and base station) scam, and i think attackers could intercept these tracks' data that way without touchpads and fake readers at all :-\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:28 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
how PIN is checked? I've read somewhere on forum that PIN could be checked offline too.

I've seen tons of info on Google, all from around 1998. You should search better ;-)

pin scheme uses DES or 3DES encryption (one bank has one key), with pin offset in track 2, and it checks leftmost four chars. Noone knows DES key, even in a bank - parts of key are split between two or three employees' brains, and the key can be found in clear only in banking computer memory. They also change their key frequently.

Post subject: You bet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:32 pm 
:lol::lol: you bet! good job anyway..

Post subject: ATM SKIMMERS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:40 pm 

Hi friends

Iam a web worm, i browsed web for the topic atm skimmers.I found a vast information through google,and here there is a site called http://www.onlineguards.com which is for sure helping people to educate them about atm skimmers, Money transferring agents, phishers dictionary here is a direct link to visit http://onlineguards.com/topics/atmfraud.aspx , iam sure you people would appreciate my piece of work.