ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please Read!! Old scam new twist involving your cell phone!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:11 pm 

I know it is long but please read because it may just save one of you from the ordeal I am going through now!

My name is Shumane

I fell victim to the same damn scam we all did. I got a conterfeit cashiers check, but thank god for this website because as soon as I googled the company name this website popped up out of nowhere! I thought I had gotten away , lucky unlike some of you poor souls out there. But I am sad to say I did not! They tried once again and boy are they good. They are much more clever than I ever could have imagined. so be forewarned.

I hope you read this Shaun Mosch because I have not seen anything on this website that even mentions this scam- However I do not believe for one second that I am the only victim!

I have a wireless phone like most people today. And of course I text message a lot now because of convenience. Believe me if you are not doing this I bet you all the money I almost lost that your children-especially if they are teens, are.

there are new ways to text now. For example if I am online and I want to text a message to my sister on her cell phone- i can. she can even text me back and I will receive the message online.

A few days ago I got a message out of the blue on my cell from an internet source. I did not know who it was and I did not recognize the screen name. I made the mistake of texting back- who is this?
Never got a reply and forgot about it

That next day I called my bank and transferred money from one account to another for a vehicle payment. Within an hour I got a call from my supposed credit card company requesting I pay my husbands credit card bill that had slipped my mind. He is recently deployed and I had not payed it since June. I payed over the phone at their direction with a check. giving my account number, routing number, and even check number. I thought nothing of it untill hours later when it hit me that I had just got this phone only a month before and had never changed my contact info with this paticular company.

so I called them back to verify for my peace of mind that they had been the ones who had called me earlier- to verify it was me after I told them the situation I had to verify a string of information about me and my husband- passwords and all. Turns out it wasn't them who called me.

I called the number that had called me earlier and it sounded almost like the system for a credit card company. when I finally got back to a person it sounded like the same hard to understand middle eastern woman only with a new name. I asked if they had called me and she said no!

I called my bank and my fears were confirmed there was something pending my account for over $2000.00!!!

I had to go to the bank transfer all of my accounts anc close the old ones. I do not have access to my own money! My debit cards do not work yet, i no longer have my check book to pay our bills, and it is pretty much frozen until I am able to finish transferring everything which includes my husbands army direct deposit. I cannot pay my bills over the phone or online because they have been hacked into and so I was forced to go to the bank yesterday and get 11 cashiers checks for all of our bills! How ironic huh!

Tuesday I have to take my phone to a technician and get my phone "de-bugged"! Once they emailed my phone there was a routing code set in place and the moment I replied I helped them complete the code that screwed me. Now every text message or conversation that goes through my phone feeds into their computer system. Anything said is recorded in writing for them to view and use to their advantage.

They were able to get bank numbers, addresses, phone numbers, pin numbers, passwords, my account balances, my pending paydays, even my husbands info!

Beware of this.

Warn your teens with phones to not answer text messages from people they do not know. Once they have your cell phone number they will stop at nothing to take you for everything they think you have. They are cold, heartless, intelligent people lurking in the dark corners where we think we are safest.

If they have your contact info and tried to scam you once. They WILL try again. I hope this save some of you the crap I just had to go through!