ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what can i do if i once i received a counterfeit check
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:32 pm 
I received a counterfeit Postal Money Order, I didn't know at the time that it was counterfeit cashed it through my bank, and was told by the guy that sent it to me to Western Union it back to his partener in London England. I did that and Western Union called me and told me that it looked like it was a scam. They Western Unioned it back to me and now my back has charged back my account for $3900.00 dollars because the four checks he sent me in the amount of $950.00 were bad and they took about twenty business days to process the money orders. Is there anything that I can do about this. The checks were printed on qcheck postal money orders. Western union cashed them back to me

Post subject: Re: what can i do if i once i received a counterfeit check
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:34 pm 
joept683@columbus.rr.com wrote:
I received a counterfeit Postal Money Order, I didn't know at the time that it was counterfeit cashed it through my bank, and was told by the guy that sent it to me to Western Union it back to his partener in London England. I did that and Western Union called me and told me that it looked like it was a scam. They Western Unioned it back to me and now my back has charged back my account for $3900.00 dollars because the four checks he sent me in the amount of $950.00 were bad and they took about twenty business days to process the money orders. Is there anything that I can do about this. The checks were printed on qcheck postal money orders. Western union cashed them back to me
I still have his emails I printed them off. When he called me about a puppy that I had for sale he used one of them phone compaines that the deaf people use so that his number wouldn't be displayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:53 pm 
I still have the puppy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:41 pm 
Is there something that I can do to help get this guy and help the bank get the guy. Is there some way that I can make arragements with the bank because I really don't have anyway of paying this money right off the bank took about 20 business days to get the checks back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:09 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Is there something that I can do to help get this guy and help the bank get the guy. Is there some way that I can make arragements with the bank because I really don't have anyway of paying this money right off the bank took about 20 business days to get the checks back.
Here is the guys name of where I was supposed to ship the information in London, England

SAMUEL UDOH
1 Nickleby Close,
Thamesmead SE28 8LX,
London,England

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:09 pm 
Thats a good address in England. Email the Metropolitan Police in London and get them to go round and see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:34 pm 

Ok here is the deal, the address will be real but this address has come up many many times before. If you checked it out this is most likely a drop box location or a mailing type place with a po type box. They know not to use a REAL residential or business address, though these people seem stupid in many ways as criminals they are real good at hide and go seek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:26 pm 
This does seem to be a residential address in Greenwich though. If it was a PO Box, the address would be PO box xxx - whatever. Also in England, post is put through a letter box into the house 99% of the time. It isn't left in a box by the gate as seems common in the US. I find it difficult to see how this works - I hear what you say though !