ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: nigerian scam busted
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:43 am 
I am not sure how to tell of this but I to have been in on/got one/ sent one of these nigerian Cashier's check. Lucky for me I found out how to make sure the check was no good. I was on a site ( http://www.savemesites.com it is for people to beg for money. I must warn you thought I was trying to get money for a friend and in doing so the cops came to my house trying to help the girl I was trying to help but she was in PA and I am in NC anyhow I had one guy the James bost he was on this site he or it could of been him still said of sending $30,000 to help my friend I was asking for a dollar donation. Anyhow there was another guy Robert Dersio which I think is the same person. It sounded to good to be true and I am no stupid person but I had hope I figured it would be someone that was just getting kick out of this and laughing thinking I thought it was real well..... I had hoped as I said. once one this very site I found the voice in the back of my head was right but then I had another guy he contacted me and said he was withy some banking firm and he could offer me a loan well I am not to willing to give calateralup tosomeone I don't know and how do I know he is telling the truth so he left me alone thenhe contacted me once more and said that if I help him send a friend some money he would help my cause now I give everyone the benifit of a doubt and I agreed I had a feeling it was this nigerian think so I found all I could about it he wanted me to send him $195. and this was cost of what ever it was he was to do to get the CASHIER'S CHECK to send but I told him I don't have the cash so he agreed to send the CASHIER'S CHECK and I was to CASH it and once it cleared I was to send him the $195. and send $16,000 to a guy in Kuwait and then the rest I was to keep for myself Red flags were going off in my mind and sirens where a whistling and everything in my being was saying it was not a good check but still I wanted to help this friend of his. I am not a greedy person and this is what I suppose they count on, I guess I am lucky in this respect so he was to send a CASHIER'S CHECK which was in AMERICAN MONEY to me. Which it did come. Once I had it and thanks to this site I called out to the bank it was drawn on SURE ENOUGH it was conterfit I called the county police to get advise as I have read if you cash it it WILL CASH IN 24 HOURS but once it is looked at it would be found to be fake so I told the county cops and they told me to contact the bank it was drawn on my local was fine ( Bank American ) and I was to talk to their fruad investigation people. I did better I went to them with the check and the name which I assume on th return was fake but I took it all in and told them of all of what I just told you. Now if I cashed it and withdrew money I would be held accountable for it not to mention passing a bad check. THey were nice at Bank American and took the fake check I also wantedto see one of a real Casher's check just curious and there is no dobt it is a poor fake I commited no crime and as I talked to the county cops they said even innocent people go to jail for something like this. I had hope they would take a copy of it since npne has seen one of these and if by change someone came in with it they wopuld know and the person wouold not get in trouble. now the guy I can't say who he really is and to the email address it could change once more it did as I talked to him

Charles Adeniyi" <charlesadeniyiwalter@yahoo.com>

charlesadeniyiwalter@hotmail.com

the above is the email address I first had of him his name is Charles Walter he also had a hotmail account

This is the second one I got from him I figure someone was close and he had to change it

Charles Walter" <charlesadeniyiwalter1@yahoo.com

The below is the first time I had contact with him

Dear Sir
My Name is Charles Walter i'm the Senior Administrative Officer of Epicore Worlddwide Limited a company based in Nigeria in West Africa with Head office at Nathan Way, Plumstead., London, United Kingdom, We are a UK and Africa based company specializing in Helping the needy.

I'm directed by the director of this organisation to enquire about what help you may require from us in terms of the advert we say from the internet over one or two financial problems you are having.

The company willl highly grateful in helping you in further help you may need and we can Loan you any amount of money you may need.

GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVERS.

Respond to this email at any of my emails at charlesadeniyiwalter@yahoo.com OR charlesadeniyiwalter@hotmail.com

Looking Forward to your response.

Yours In Christ

Charles Adeniyi Walter

They hide behind the Christian faith and I notice both talked of God, it is a shame they bilk people because I guess most thing if they talk of God they are on the level, Sad ..Sad... Sad... thing well I did what I could and I hope I helped some people in someway as I did the right thing at Bank of american I am to sell thinks on Ebay but I would not except anything from Nigeria only because of this and these things are from all over the package came from Nigeria and this I was tipped off so I check with the Cashier's check from where it was draw but in light of this I think if any more Casher's checks come in I would still check them as I don't know if they are real I advise anyone to make sure of this or you could be in jail or worse prison for a innocent act. BE NOT GREEDY

Mercy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:40 pm 

Can we say Money Laudering scheme big time? If you want to really help your friend find local people in her area willing to chip in and help her, or agencies who can help her.