ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recieved the check today!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:13 pm 
MMMMM.....I'm tempted to cash the check. $4500 for a $1500 item! This Nigeria buyers story is the same as I've read on this website. Sooooo....what to do??? Obviously, not cash the check. He's been emailing me daily saying please contact me when you look in your mail and receive a parcel.....Stupid me...before I got suspcious...I gave him my name, address, and phone...he's actually called me twice. I didn't speak to him...he just left messages. I'm thinking to email him and simply say...."I checked with my bank and they told me the cashiers check is not good. Please do not contact me." What to do??? Please tell me! I haven't really tried to call the bank the check is from....what to do?

Post subject: Resolve
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:15 am 
I called the bank that the check was drawn on....They said immediately that it was not good. They had recieved at least 30 phone calls from people who were questioning the checks they had recieved. They said that a guy came in the bank several months ago and bought a cashiers check in the amount of $50.00....then, from that time on....the same cashiers check has come in over and over. She could tell me the numbers on the check! She said the FBI wouldn't do any investigating unless the bank lost 100K. Thats rediculous because this bank is on to the whole scam and won't lose anything. I guess I'm a lucky one. I appreciate the postings on this website!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:26 pm 

Fresher you are lucky and I am glad you found out before it was too late, as far as the scammer, next time he calls tell him the secret service took the check and would not allow you to cash it, tell him you do not want to work with a fraud and to stop wasting time and money calling you, be nice but firm since he has your personal details....