ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Caught Scammer just in time!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:40 pm 

Hello,

I was just a victim of the Nigerian Cashier's check scam. Some guy named Kings John emailed me about a movie I had for sale. He wanted to buy the movie, but he was going to have his friend from Texas send me a check for a $1,000 and I was to take out the money for the movie and send the rest to a charity organization called http://www.kanuheartfoundation.com Anyways, I agreed to it and he sent me a cashiers check for $1,000. The envelope came from Nigeria but was an American cashiers check signed by someone from Georgia (by the way, the signature was just a small scribble). I was talking to my friend the day after I deposited it and he told me it was a scam and to call my bank right away. So I did, and now there is a hold on that cashier's check. Here is some of the emails this person sent to me:

Thanks for the email i really appreciate it.i will like to know if you will be able to get more of the bag to aleast up to these half of these amount that my friend will issed a money order to you.$1,000.pls get back to me as soon as u have up to that amount...so i will also like to tell u that will u

promise to send the remaining balance to the kanu heart foundation http://www.kanuheartfoundation.com. which i promised to donate money for them, you will have to send it via western union to them i will send you the name and address of the person in the organisation you will send the balance to and i
will send you my address in texas where you will ship to wtach i hope i can trust you.
i will be expecting your reply.
Thanks
Kings

Hello
how are u doing today . hope all is well i am very happy to tell you this that my friend who send the money order sent me an email that you will recive in the next 2 to 3 business woking days. i will like u to update me when u get so i will give my hone Address in Texas and where to send the remaining balance to the organisation okay .
Thanks

Hello
how are you doing hope all is well i am so happy that you get the money order . pls i will like you to provide me all the infromation so i can send it to the Organisation okay
Here is my home Address

kings john
1405 E Morphy St
Fort Worth, TX 76104

and this is where you will send the balance

Grace John
2 midecal Rd
ikeja, lagos, 01234
Nigeria

this all the infromation i need from you

MTCN Number which all so know as control number

Test Question and Answer

Amount sent :

Thanks
King

Hopefully this will help other people to look out for this scammer!!!