ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EFCC Communication with them is not secure!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 am 

In March I copied all the documents related to my two scams in 2005 and mailed them with a short letter to the EFCC in Nigeria. I paper clipped all the papers, and attached my business card to the top. Three weeks later someone called my house purporting to be the EFCC. They promised to send an e mail of instruction regarding what could be done to those who commited this crime against me. I noticed that the telephone number (on my caller ID) which appeared to be the Nigerian prefix did not match the EFCC telephone numbers. The callers voices were heavily accented and difficult to understand. A few weeks later there was a second round of telephone calls. I told the person that I noticed that the telephone number did not match the real EFCC. He hung up the telephone after a few words. The e mail was essentially another 419 scam - pay Nigerian lawyers in advance fee. My suspicion is that the business card was removed from the stack if papers. The content of the e mail did not match the contents of my letter. Apparently, someone with the EFCC communicated my information and they were coming back for a second round. I just read I DO NOT COME TO YOU BY CHANCE, by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani. This is a fiction action of the 419er way of life. She mentions that the EFCC is busy chasing down corrupt employees with their government.