ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This guy is trying to scam me right now...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:07 am 

I am trying to sell my car and I got an e-mail from a guy in UK saying that he is interested in buying my car and that he give me more info., i did so on the condition of the car, etc. The very next morning he replies saying he will buy the car...just read the e-mail (a total scam) :

Greetings.....,
How are you and the rest of your family members, hope they are fine.?

I am very happy to tell you that we have concluded with our client and he has instructed me to carry on with the transaction, And he proposed this payment method.
He said that I should inform you that the payment will get to you in a cashier check of ($11,800 USD)which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.

Due to company policy, this check has to be made out in this amount to you, because company policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier check, so you are required to deduct cost of your VEHICLE [($6,300 USD)] when the payment gets to you and refund balance [ $5,500 USD] to my customer's shipping agent via International Money Gram Transfer, for the shipping agent to be able to offset shipping charges.

After payment has reached you and balance sent back to his shipping agent - who will come for the pick up - and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer, while title papers and other necessary documents will be sent by you via courier services to my customer.

ATTENTION: MY CLIENT INSTRUCTED THAT THE PICK UPAGENT WILL BE COMING OVER TO YOUR AREA OF LOCATION WITH SOMEONE WHO IS GOING TO TESTDRIVE THE VEHICLE AND CHECK THE RECENT CONDITOINS OF THE VEHICLE.THAT YOU ARE TO HELP THEM WHEN THEY ARRIVE..
Please Confirm this whole arrngement and provide your payment information for check payment to be delivered to you via courier services.

PAYMENT INFORMATION.
(1).LEGAL NAME ( IN FULL )
(2).ADDRESS
(3).PHONE NUMBER.
Thanks and God Bless.
PHILIP DUNCAN.
+44-7024068861

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OK here's what I want to know. How can I play with this guy. He's really got me mad for taking time away from me, I wrote him a really long e-mail while I was at work giving him details about my car, and now I want to make him think about what he is doing. Any recommendations on waht to do with him??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:13 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

What you are talking about doing is called scam baiting, and it can be dangerous. You can search out sites to find more info on the topic. I know that some of our members have gone to 419eater.com for information.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:05 pm 

How much real information does this guy have on you? That's the question to ask before baiting him. He most likely does have your email addy. Unless you are using a secure email service like Gmail that doesn't reveal your IP# it is possible, if you make him mad enough he could find out who you are and where you live from that. Even though he most likely isn't in the US, he may have accomplices who are. Make him angry enough by baiting him and you could find one of these guys on your doorstep some evening.

Also baiting a check fraud scammer isn't very easy. Not much to do except take his check and not send the car. I doubt you will get a second round after that. Even that can be dangerous because in some jurisdictions just possessing a counterfeit check is a crime.

My advice would be to drop this guy completely and check out Eater and some of the other baiting websites. Eater offers a mentor program where you are given an experienced baiter to help you learn the ropes of baiting. Once you have a mentor pick up a good 419 scam and bait that. Those can be drawn out for months (sometimes even years) and drive a scammer crazy with delays, fake WU transfers and forms to fill out. :twisted:

Post subject: Re: This guy is trying to scam me right now...
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:44 pm 

Same thing here. I recieved a cashiers check for $49,500.50 for the purchase of a travel trailer and he called the night it was recieved and kept trying to get me to send money. I felt tired and bad at the same time and may have sent money if I had it to send. I thought it was legit. My bank told me the check is bad and locked my account for me ( both a good thing and a bad thing if I plan to use my own account now.) I called the authorities and they wont do any thing because a crime has not been commited. I hate this guy and think he is a terrorist bad bad person.

Bill