ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Faith Walcott has contacted about an ad on craigslist
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:22 pm 

Hello, I'm a first time user of this site.
Faith Walcott has contacted me thru Craigslist for an ad I put up last week and what do you know her name came up on this site. She is trying to purchase my product using a money order and wants me to do her a favor about the shipping, please see the latest email from her or him.
Faith's new email address is faith4sure242@yahoo.com I knew something was fishy.

Hi,
Thanks for your response,it's really nice to hear back from you especially for the details require from you.Meanwhile i have spoken with my shipper comapny agent and he advised that I should send his shipping charges fee together with your payment in the check I wanna send to you,because if I send him a seperate check it would take about 30 working days to clear the check in Australia, while it takes only 24hours/48 hours for the check to be cleared in the United States. So please i would advise you to do me that favour,so that i can instruct my colleague to send you the payment drawn on a bank in the U.S, Then you will deduct your own portion with a 20 compesation for the stress you go throuhgh which makes the total of (the amount of the item plus 20$) for the payment of the (ITEMS ) send the balance to the shipping company in order to come over to the usa for pick up of the ( ITEMS) from your house and other items which i have in trinidad and tobaggo. Please I would need you to do me this favour to avoid any delay. Thanks for your understanding.
Best Regards,

Faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:36 pm 

THAT WOULD BE HER. TELL HER NO AND REPORT HER THRU CRAIGLIST. I HAVE NOW PLACEA NO MONEYORDER AND LOCAL ONLY ON BOTTEM OF ALL MY ADDS

Post subject: Responding to apparent scams (FAITH, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:48 pm 

Do not tell her NO or anything else! DO NOT RESPOND! Any email she/he/it* receives provides the scammer with more personal information.

* "it" would be the scammer's software that monitors Craigslist and other sites. :idea: