ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scam? Thoughts?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:37 pm 

"thanks for your reply , i am happy to hear from you ... i have heard all you said and it will be nice to make businees with you with your understanding . i will like to know how you want the payment to be made to you so that i can make necessary arrangement and shipping will not be a problem bcos i already have a shipping company that will come for the pick ....if you are really serious in selling then , i will need to make payment as soon as possible , i will need your full name and address with phone number so that i can ask my client to issue out check to you to the informaiton you supplied....also i will like to know the actual amount so that i can send you excess money so that when you cash and send the rest to tyhe shipping company here is the shipping company so you can contact them
freightcourier@europe.com
i will be looking forward to hear from you soon . bye for now "

This person is from UK, wants to write a cashiers check, cash it, send a portion to the courier service, and then ship.

Seems weird....

Any thoughts as to how to go about this, my classified was on Craiglist. I'm worried about the fake check. I'm going to go ahead and let him send it, and see if its real

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:42 pm 
scam.....................run

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:49 pm 

Yea, sending me excess money. Probably like $1,000 so he can launder his fake cash through me...we'll see, i just regret I gave out my address before I found this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:51 pm 

Oh yea, I told him that if his client was in the US to make check he could visit the post office and make out a USPS money order in the same e-mail I gave my address in...I wonder what will happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:22 pm 

They will send you usps money orders as you requested and they will be counterfeit that is what will happen.