ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I got ripped off and now i am afraid of going to prison!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:04 am 

You see i did some business with this guy from canada, and i was sellign some work out benches, soloflex is what they are called and i wasonly asking for 600. then i get this email from this guy who i offering me 1050 for it, soi am all up for it and junk, so he send me this cashiers check and i go to my bank and cash it, the scan it like 6 times and it doesnt go through, so the manager or someone of authority signs it off and they cash it for me. the check was worth $3400 and it was a cashiers check on top of that. so then i do what i had planned on doing with the money. Cab someone just IM me on AIM who can help me, cause i am afraid of going to prison and i dont want to be accused of money laundering or aiding the the alqaida or however you spell that. Please someone help me. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:52 pm 

first of all did they call the police ? were you arrested? what do you mean that they scanned it 6xs and it didnt go through? seems to me if the bank could not get the check to scan and the manager signed off on it anyways that it should be their liability. Shoot if something doesnt scan you check it out DUH.

Post subject: This is the catch!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:41 pm 

No one called the police i am afraid that if i go to the bank or to the police they will arrest me for money laundering. i cashed the check and sent it somewhere, then i spent my part, then the bank turns around like a week later and tells me that the cashiers check was counterfeit. too little too late. but before they make me aware of that i was sent a second check and i deposited that one since i wasnt aware that the first one was counterfeit. so now they took all my money, on top of that are charging me 3400 for the cash they gave me, and now they are charging me an additional 3500 since that was the value of the second check. thats what happend, i dont know whether to go to the cops or just lie and avoid all this drama, i have this guys e-mail and his number, he called me a few times, i swear i didnt mean to do anything illegal and i dont want to go to prison i am a good person, i have never done anything like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:02 pm 

Pleas top crying, this is your second post on this subject.