ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I get cashier check scams frequently in my email
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:42 pm 

Hi, Thanks for your site it has definately educated me I will never take a cashiers check from a stranger. I would say that 99% of the public is uneducated about this. I know that my bank manager up until a month ago was not educated on cashier check scams and she has been in banking for a long time. Your website is a start but there has to be more media coverage by far, and those in the banking industry needs to be taking classes on this scam. I have started recently selling heavy equipment on the internet and I am amazed at how many attempts by differant individuals to scam me on this cashiers check scam, I know it is a scam due to your website because they want to send me a check for a lot more than Im asking and them give the money to the shipping company or wire them the money etc. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I ALERT THE POLICE AND SET THESE PEOPLE UP. WILL THE POLICE EVEN DO ANYTHING AT ALL, I AM VERY ANGRY AT THESE EMAILS AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE THESE PEOPLE GO TO JAIL. I dont take any more cashiers checks only bank to bank wire transfers on internet transactions. I sent one cashiers check back I was sure that could have possibly been a fraud except he didnt ask me to wire money, I was just concerned about my equipment getting stolen. but they were foreigners IRANIANS owning a couple of night clubs in texas huge night clubs. So to make a long story short , they flew a guy out and gave me $25,000 in cash........ 2ND QUESTION WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT BANK TO BANK WIRE TRANSFERS IS THIS SAFE MY BANK OF COURSE SAYS YES BUT THEY SAID THAT CASHIERS CHECKS WERE SAFE AND ON THE CASHIERS CHECKS THEY STILL DONT WANT TO ADMIT ON THE RECORD THAT THEY ARE A RISK ONLY OFF THE RECORD WHY IS THIS