There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Caught One
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:00 pm 

This is an e-mail string with my response posted first. Start from the bottom:

Here's the address to the Secret Service, 950 H Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20223, which is where they collect evidence for Nigerian Fraud. You can send the "cashier's check" there. Oops, sorry, I don't have their phone number.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:49 PM
To: Smith, Delisa C.
Subject: Re: Hi

Hello,
Thank for your lovely reply , .I am very friendly and i love meeting people each days of my life . I also like making new friends . i need to secure a room before i can come over to the state so that it will be more easier for me . As for my lifesyle, i don't smoke and i don't drink , i love reading novels and magazine and i love making new friend as i said earlier . I will be staying for almost 5 to 6 months . Well as for your rules and regulation i will keep to it . iwill want to makea deposit of $5000,? before my arrival and i will like to inform you that i will be paying you through cashier check .? if you really want me to have the room get back to with your full name and address including your phone so that i can make sure i mail out the payment to you on time , cos by the end of this month i think in i need to be in the room . Lastly, I will also like to know more about you and also I will like to have more of your pics so I know how my
roommate looks like. I'm a sport & music loving person and i also like to see the movies.I take my immediate
neighbours dos and don'ts into consideration,I'm also an easy going perosn filled with fun and love-I have so
many of them to share I will appriciate if you can get back to me on my yahoo ID so that we can chat together very well .Get back witj your name and addres. I will appriciate if you can do that .

Thanks
Mary Anderson
Nice meeting you

NB
again i will want to inform you that i will be shipping down my car as well .So that i can have a ride in order to help me over there .

My initial response:

> I got your message on Roommate.com. Thanks for writing.
>
> My house is approximately 1786 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2-car garage (I'm not sure if another car can fit, but we can try), large backyard. I do have a large driveway. The room I am renting is bedroom number 3 on the attached floor plan. The other picture shows what the house looks like from the outside. It is a brand new brick home that I had built in May of last year. The bedroom currently has a queen-size bed, 27" television and a few pictures on the wall. There is also a small walk-in closet. As you can see on the floor plan, the bathroom is next to the bedroom and would have to be shared with any guests that may visit, as my bathroom is in my bedroom.
>
> I'm a 43 year-old, black, single woman. I work Monday through Friday and am usually away from home from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. during the week, unless I have some function to attend.
>
> Electricity, water, gas and cable are included in the $700 price as long as the use isn't excessive. Total move-in would be $1050, $700 for the first month's rent and $350 deposit. Advance payment would be fine as long as there is time for the bank to assure me that the funds are good (sorry, but there's a lot of scams going on).
>
The medical center is a bit of a distance from where I live and people who work there use the park & ride, as do I. However, I would venture to guess that there are rooms/apartments for rent much closer to the medical center.

I will send photos later since I am at work right now.
>
>
> Please tell me more about yourself as far as where you're from originally, and if this meets your needs.
>

> Thanks again for writing.
>