ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: scam victim
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:27 am 

I am new to this site,by the way I lost 5,200 on the counterfeit cashiers check scam selling my car over the internet. yes,I am an idoit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:44 pm 
No you are not, you have been scammed, sorry to hear about it.

Can you share the details?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:18 am 

I sent the money via money gram somewhere in essex. I really trusted my bank,they seem to act like they know everything. I didn;t know the bank would cash any check for any amount. I have been to carbuyingtips.com and bought some books on bank fraud. after reading frank abagnales book art of the steal,I realized I had it coming to me. Next time I am selling something over the internet I will only accept cash. It seems like the federal banking laws were made just for the scammers,not the consumers. At least I didn't lose my car. Under federal law the bank must make the funds avalible on anything that looks like a check,I thought to myself,that seems insane,but thats what banks do. TOUGH LUCK says the bank..GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK RIGHT NOW and your going to jail for a long time. I guess that is what life is all about,ripping people off in scams,check scams,real estate scams or whatever. There is always a new SCAM to watch out for. How could I be that stupid,over sending payment,but thats what I am ...stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:27 pm 

No. You're not stupid. You just didn't realise that there were criminals out there scheming to steal your money. You were not educated in these scams.

If we were on a 747 at 35,000 feet and something happened to the pilot and it was just you and I and neither of us knew how to fly a plane, would you be calling yourself stupid because you didn't know how to fly a 747? No, of course not. You weren't trained how to do it, it's not your job to be a pilot, and *you* thought when you got on this airline that someone would be taking care of that for you. Just like you thought when you banked a check and it got cleared, the bank would have made sure the check was not fake. You're not alone there.

You're not stupid. You were scammed. Don't be angry at yourself, be angry with the criminals if you must be angry at someone. But instead of doing that, you could direct some of that energy to making sure *all* of your friends and family know about these scams, because if they are not educated, they could get scammed too.

Tell everyone who will listen. Write a letter to the local paper. And just to put this in perspective a little, thank God you are still alive. Money can be replaced. Lives can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:50 pm 
Gold Member

Essex? Do you mean Essex in England, UK ? If so please post some more details, we have UK members of this forum who might be able to help.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:38 pm 

The money was picked up in essex,United Kingdom,I have no chance of getting my money back,says moneygram. They told me I should consider myself to be lucky,as some victims have lost upwards of 20,000 to 100,000 dollars to the upsurge in bank fraud. The banking system is ideal for scammers to operate in. Lesson learned....THE HARD WAY