ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do I take down an online scammer??????????
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:17 pm 

please I need your help, I have recieved numerous bogus checks I think it is the same person using a different name. It makes me very upset that this guy has the balls to keep emailing me with the same scam. I kind of got him back once I told him that I cashed his $30,000 check and I kept all of the money and that he wouldn't be getting his truck he thought he bought either. I also told some other scammer that if he wanted his money he would have to call me, once he finally did that, I told him that he was being tracked by the FBI and that all his emails and this phone conversation we were having was being recorded and that the FBI was on their way to pick him up as we speak. i hope that pissed him off but I dont know is there any way to alert government officials about this and will they do anything about it????? Any advice would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:57 pm 

dgustaf71-
Sorry to say the officials aren't interested unless you actullay loose mass amounts of money, they are just too busy with all of these scams. Visit http://www.419eater.com and have some fun....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:22 am 

If they have sent you checks they have your address. Stop communicating with these people. It can be dangerous. If you want to mess with them get an email address that hides your information as is advised at 419eater. The government isn't interested in this at all even the amount of money involved doesn't matter. The answer from them is it is international or such and they can't do anything. Even after I received a bogus check and contacted the company it came from nothing has happened after months of them saying they were investigating. If it is on a personal account you might try to send a copy of the check to the bank it is written on and explain the situation so they can notify their customer that someone is using their account. Other then that don't get caught up in taking these checks since as has happened to many on here you could be facing criminal charges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:21 pm 

Quote:
Other then that don't get caught up in taking these checks since as has happened to many on here you could be facing criminal charges.

Only if you cash them, there is no harm in buring them, framing them, etc.