ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Qchex
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:43 pm 

I got one of those Qchex for $11,000. I checked with my bank first to find out if they had ever heard of the place.. They hadn't. They told me to sign it and they would hold the funds for 15 days.. Turns out the check was fake. I contacted the person that was listed on the check to see if he had sent me $11,000. He said that he didn't. I also contacted the bank where the money was drawn from. They told me that they couldn't tell me anything about the account. I have heard from the person on the check. He called me to tell me that that was his name, and address, but that wasn't his bank or account.. Did I get lucky here?? Could I have been arested for this?? I have gotten a few fake checks from some of the others, and I just burned them.. What should I do if someone else sends me one of these checks?? Thanks.. Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:14 pm 
Q checks have been around for about 5 months, bad news

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:45 pm 

The checks that we got were Q Chex and let me tell you , Check cashing stores and banks alike do not like it when these things come back. We did get arrested and it took over 2 years battling the courts wearing down the prosecution before it all got resolved.

The answer to your question is YES you could have gotten arrested had they come back counterfeit all depending on how the establishment or bank decided to react.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:29 am 
KarynSolo wrote:
The checks that we got were Q Chex and let me tell you , Check cashing stores and banks alike do not like it when these things come back. We did get arrested and it took over 2 years battling the courts wearing down the prosecution before it all got resolved.

The answer to your question is YES you could have gotten arrested had they come back counterfeit all depending on how the establishment or bank decided to react.

Karen, You got your Qchex 2 years ago?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:21 pm 

I hope I did the right thing first. I asked my bank if they had heard of Qchex before.. They hadn't. Automaticly they told me that they would put a 15 day hold on it. I then contacted the bank listed on the check to see if the check was real. The lady at the bank wouldn't tell me, but took down the information so that the bank would know about it anyhow. I then called the name listed on the check. Iwanted to find out if he had issued me a check for $11,000. He didn't. I then emailed him a copy of the check. It took awhile, but the check did come back to me.. On the check it says that there was no one found at that account. I later found out from the man that was listed on the check that that bank wasn't his, and that wasn't his account. Turns out that he is a Litagation lawyer out of Texas. He wanted all of my information. He wanted to see what he could find out about this guy. (Name omitted due to damaging the reputation of the real person who is an innocent party) He hasn't gotten back to me as of yet though. If I do hear any more from him I will let all of you know. He did sound like he wanted to nail this guy.. Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:46 pm 
I cannot believe your bank has not heard of Qchex, that is sad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:23 pm 

Nope.. Never have.. The only way I knew about it is from getting one. The bank let me have it back.. Could I still get into trouble for still having it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:19 pm 

Take and in big bold letters write VOID across it. Or Burn it. either way the ink used on it is worth more than that check is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:26 am 
armac wrote:
KarynSolo wrote:

Karen, You got your Qchex 2 years ago?

Karen???????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:19 pm 

It was an online check payment service which was believed to be Qchex Yes.
It my have been another one but the markers were the same especially with the words by the signature area: Signature not required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:43 pm 
Look at Qchex website now they are using a verification process similar to Paypal.

I do not hink Qchex was around 2 years ago, maybe something similar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:27 pm 

check with the incorporation records in the state in which QChex is located that will tell you how long they have really been around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:54 pm 
They are out of San Diego